Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

Well, the Sutter household is starting the new year out with exciting and yet nerve wracking news. No we are not expecting a baby.
This spring I am starting school again with a one semester class to become a Certified Phlebotomy Technician. I am excited about starting school again, but I am also nervous because it means that I will have to talk with my current employer about leaving. I am worried about this because there is no one to step into my position and no one coming up to train. We have had to run on such a short staff that if one person leaves the whole thing will fall apart. Its like a house of cards and this is one of the reason I am pursuing a new line of work. I can't just stand back and watch the economy destroy the business I work for. I refuse to close my eyes and pretend like the store will be ok. I can see that there isn't going to be any recovery from where we stand right now.
All of that being said, I am so excited to start in healthcare. It is a much more stable field to work in, especially in our area. We bought a house less than a block from a hospital and there are three other hospitals within a ten mile radius. Not to mention the hundreds of clinics, labs, and doctors offices that are located all around us. As I said in an earlier blog my goal is to head into nursing, but Renee and I have decided to start off slow with the education to make sure that I am a good fit for the healthcare system and that I will enjoy the work.
We are so blessed to be in a position to be able to take these steps now in our lives. We have always worked hard at everything we do and have tried to do our very best for our employers and for that we have been blessed with great jobs.
Our hope for the new year is that we can continue to work hard to advance our careers but also that we can have more time to spend together and enjoy life.
So from our house to yours, have a happy new year. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on school!